Interview With Phantum: 'Never let fear dictate

 I had always been passionate about music since a very young age, I remember when I was 10 years old I was super inspired by Guitar Hero 3 and can remember thinking to myself that pursuing a career in music and being a rockstar would indefinitely be my future. I started playing electric guitar at 11 and it became the only thing I ever did throughout the day and nighttime. I would tell my parents I was going to be a rockstar and didn’t need a plan B. It wasn’t really until I started high school I had also grew a new found passion for hip hop and started discovering all different artists i had never listened to before. By the end of high school my curiosity peaked with the sounds of trap beats from the south and I wanted to learn how they were made, that was the year i downloaded FL Studio.

Who are your main inspirations as a producer?

Metro Boomin, Murda Beatz, and Southside are the guys I was first inspired by and listening to the most when I first started taking making beats more serious. I’m inspired by a lot of different producers but those are probably my biggest inspirations personally.

What would you like to achieve as a producer?

I want to work with all my personal favourite artists and upcoming rappers with the right energy and work ethic, and also help build up unknown artists from the ground up to make their best work and turn them into a superstar.

What should we be looking forward to seeing from you in the near future?

I’ve been working with a few different artists in the studio on new singles and projects releasing very soon, still a lot more new music to come this year and a few pretty big things in the works I can’t disclose yet.

What’s the best piece of advice you could give to young aspiring producers?

Always trust your gut instincts never let fear dictate your decisions or circumstances. Don’t ever be afraid of failing because you will inevitably and thats when you’ll grow the most, and above all else never give up on your goals and have patience your time will come with enough persistence.

What artist’s do you hope to work with in the future?

Drake is definitely at the top of my list not only because of where i’m from or the fact that he’s one of the biggest artists in the world, but I used to listen to his music way before I was heavy into hip hop along side Lil Wayne, and Eminem. Of course I have a long list of artists I want to get in the studio with but that would take forever to name everyone.

Today marks the beginning of an exciting new chapter for Phantom. With the acquisition of Phantom by Splunk now complete, we can begin integrating our two companies for the benefit of our users, customers, and partners.

I recently sat down with Oliver Friedrichs, former CEO and Founder of Phantom, to talk about what’s in store for the community as we execute on a combined and accelerated vision for security operations.

Haiyan: Oliver, now that we’re officially working together, what are you most excited about?

Oliver: I’m most excited about bringing Phantom to the masses. At Phantom we had the privilege of protecting the world’s largest financial, technology, healthcare, and manufacturing organizations as well as the largest government agencies. We had almost 10,000 community users, over 200 apps, and support for over 1,000 APIs. Splunk will allow us to supercharge that, not only in the security space, but in the broader IT market as well.

Enterprises are in dire need of automation and orchestration to respond to threats faster. For the past year there’s been a saying around here that Phantum isn’t demand constrained, we’ve been capacity constrained. Splunk, with its over 3,000 employees, gives us the bench strength to service and deliver our platform to those who need it most. Splunk amplifies our message and raises awareness of our capabilities to a much broader market than ever before.

Splunk has become a leader for ingesting, storing, and analyzing machine data. Similarly Phantom has become a critical agent for taking action on that data. As machine data ages, it quickly becomes stale, even more so with operational security data. Taking action on that data becomes paramount, and doing so quickly is key. This is why Splunk and Phantom fit so well together. I’m excited to accelerate the execution on a vision for security operations that we started back in 2014. Combining our technologies will help customers stay ahead of threats by allowing them to respond faster to increasingly complex attacks.

Comments